Sunday, August 15, 2010

Story of a chilly weekend

Wedges
Never big with heels, it's either they hate me or I was just not born to wear them (always wondering how those girls walk around in out-of-mind-inches heels for miles).  Either way, they are just my excuses.  But these 2 inches wedges from Naturalizer are exception.  Light and comfortable.  But still, I got them for about a month already and only wore them once.

Movies
The Expendables and Eat, Pray, Love.  Not disappointed but just dissatisfied.  The Expendables, both Sylverster Stallone (who happened to direct and write the screenplay) and the production crew, and Sylverster Stallone and the other actors, I believe they can do much better.  Everything was too blurry, storyline and character wise.  Eat Play Love, the sceneries were spectacular.  Never been to Italy nor India.  But I missed Bali terribly, then.  I just didn't get or feel how she really got back on her feet after those trips (well, and find love again).  Maybe I should consider reading the actual novel.

Beach
I love my Amore oversize flowery cotton t-shirt (intentionally bought it in size L).  Chilly days made me realize that summer is really going to be over soon, in a month or so.  I always love beaches in summer time.  Beach towel, sound of wave, clean sand, clear blue sky, iPad, and sushi were my today's paradise.

Something borrowed
My first e-book since I got my iPad.  I haven't been reading for a long time.  I was searching for something light, and entertaining.  Emily Giffin got pretty good reviews on her ChicLit series and this was the first of her 'something ...' series.  I have only read up to the second chapter.  So far so good.  It's about two girls who happened to be best friends ever since high school.  So this Rachel girl had all these envious toward her best friend, Darcy, in a good way (this book was based on her point of view, though).  She described Darcy as the girl who 'had it all' type.  And on her just turn 30th birthday (still single and hasn't found the job she really likes), she accidentally slept with Darcy's fiancĂ©, Dexter.  FYI, it is on the big screen production now, and to be aired in 2011.  Kate Hudson (Bride Wars) will play Darcy and Ginnifer Goodwin (He's Just Not That Into You) will play Rachel.  John Krasinski (The Office) will play Ethan (Rachel's puppy love who Darcy dated for two weeks).  We'll see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I can't help it but smile smile smile :D
So, thank you!

Creative Commons License
Head to Heart by Sanny is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License